Everyday we are bombarded with toxic chemicals in the air we breathe, the foods we eat and in household cleaning products. Our bodies were not meant to absorb these harmful substances such as chemical preservatives in food and toxic pesticides that are sprayed onto our produce. These toxins can cause fatigue, weight gain, mental fogginess, dry hair, brittle nails, poor skin, bloating, constipation, insomnia, irritability and a whole host of disorders and diseases.
1. Start the day with a glass of hot water and half a lemon squeezed into it. Lemon juice aids the liver in it’s cleansing processes.
2. Use a dry brush to exfoliate the skin before you get in the shower. Dry brushing stimulates blood circulation and the lymphatic system, which in turn greatly enhances toxic elimination.
3. Rid your house of toxic-laden chemical cleaners and use more natural cleaning agents, such as ones made with baking soda or apple cider vinegar. They work great!
4. Add naturally detoxifying fruits to your diet such as papaya, apples, oranges, lemon, lime and watermelon. You can even slice them up and put them into your water!
5. Cook with garlic. Garlic is one of the most powerfully detoxifying foods there is. A natural antibiotic and high in antioxidants, garlic promotes liver enzymes that aid in detoxification.
6. Consume as many brightly colored fruits and veggies as you can! The bright pigments in those yummy fresh picks are indicators that they contain antioxidant-rich polyphenols that rid your body of free radical damage.
Check out more detox recipes on our Pinterest Detox Board!