This is a perfect recipe for those busy weeknights when you get home late and everyone is hungry for dinner. Just keep your panty stocked with the essentials, have some meatballs on hand in the freezer and you’ll have this classic italian recipe ready in no time.
Easy Weeknight Spaghetti ‘n’ Meatballs with Peppers (gluten free)
- 1 12oz. package Barilla Gluten Free Spaghetti (seriously tastes like regular pasta)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 large zuchhini, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 6-8 sweet mini peppers, sliced (any bell peppers will work as well)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- pepper to taste
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 24 ready made GF meatballs of your choice, thawed if frozen
Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Saute the veggies 5 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and seasonings and cook 3 minutes. Add the pasta sauce and meatballs, cover and simmer on low for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Add in the pasta and toss. Serves 6.
Note: This recipe can be altered to please your taste buds. Swap out the veggies for your favorite or for what you have on hand. Mushrooms and olives would be a great combo!
Did you like what you read? Download your FREE GUIDE on 8 REAL FOODS THAT HEAL and learn how to heal your body using 8 nutritious super foods to keep you healthy. Remember, food is medicine! Click here for this FREE GUIDE!