Still following your New Year’s Resolutions to lose weight in 2015? Stay away from trendy supplements that promise fat loss but make you feel jittery, mess with your metabolism and could potentially harm you.
When you lack a nutrient, your metabolism slows because the body’s not getting what it needs to work efficiently. Incorporate more of these healthy and safe food alternatives to help you burn fat and trim your waistline. Eat a wide variety of foods and try to “eat the rainbow”. 🙂
15 Fat Burning Foods for Weight Loss
- Almonds- high in fiber to keep you full, reduce cravings and build muscle.
- Greek Yogurt- builds strong bones, high in muscle building protein and keeps you satisfied until the next meal.
- Eggs- build muscle with high protein, keeps you full, reduce cravings and burn belly fat.
- Lean meats- build muscle, repair muscle, satiate you and reduce sugar cravings.
- Berries- provide natural immunity, high in disease fighting antioxidants that fight inflammation and high in fiber.
- Almond butter- a much healthier alternative to peanut butter, provides protein, fiber and antioxidants.
- Fatty fish like tuna and salmon- high in omega 3s, reduce inflammation in the body, keep you full and burn fat.
- Grapefruit- lowers insulin (body’s major fat-storing hormone) and regulates blood sugar.
- Green tea- revs metabolism and you burn more calories and fat in turn.
- Chili peppers- boost metabolism and burn fat.
- Leafy greens- full of antioxidants that fight free radicals, reduce inflammation and improve recovery.
- Beans- high in fiber to keep you full, keep your bowels regular and full of plant protein to build muscle.
- Whey- high in muscle-building amino acids, burns fat and keeps you full.
- Lentils- high in fiber, protein and iron.
- Coconut oil– extremely well at boosting metabolism, healing thyroid gland disorders and high in MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) that burn fat.
Are you eating these foods often?