Mmmm salmon. Last week I was in a hurry to get dinner on the table, which happens a lot nowadays since I have a 6 month old baby. Actually, I haven’t posted on here in quite some time because of the same reason.
Life. Is. Busy.
But my baby is so worth all the craziness. 🙂
Anyway, this recipe came together quite easily and quickly because it only has two ingredients! Just salmon and tapenade! Salmon cooks fast too, so we were eating it in no time.
I like to include salmon in my diet at least 2-3 times a week because of it’s amazing health benefits.
- Salmon is extremely high in omega 3 fatty acids that have powerful anti-inflammatory properties to soothe inflammation, and those omega 3s are great for the relief of arthritic pain.
- Salmon is packed with muscle building protein and that protein keeps you feeling full.
- Salmon contains bioactive peptides that improve bone density and strength.
- Salmon makes you smart. Salmon contains DHA which is what the brain is made up of.
- Salmon protects the heart by reducing inflammation, keeping the blood from clotting excessively and relaxing and dilating the arteries.
- Salmon protects your eyes from macular degeneration, a chronic eye condition that can lead to blindness.
- Salmon aids in the prevention of ADHD in preschool children and can boost academic performance.
- Salmon helps you sleep because it contains an all-natural sedative called tryptophan.
- Salmon is an excellent source of vitamin D, which is necessary for maintaining optimal health and immune function.
2 Ingredient Broiled Mediterranean Salmon
- 1.25 pound filet of wild caught salmon
- 1/3 cup prepared olive tapenade
Directions: Preheat broiler on high. On a sheet pan, place salmon skin side down. Spread evenly with tapenade and broil for 5-8 minutes or until just cooked all the way through. The salmon should flake easily with a fork when done. Serves 4.
*Brownie points if you make your own tapenade!
Have you signed up for my new online nutrition course yet? Grab your two FREE lessons below!