Herbs and spices make the perfect additions to spice up our meals and add bursts of flavor, but did you know that many of them offer potent detoxification powers as well? Here are some of the best herbs and spices there are for detoxification.
12 Herbs & Spices for Detoxification
- Cayenne– Cayenne encourages digestion and promotes bowel movements by stimulating the intestinal muscles to contract. Cayenne also speeds up metabolism and helps you to absorb nutrients.
- Cumin– Cumin aids in digestion and when you have sluggish digestion, toxins can get stuck inside your digestive tract and get reabsorbed. Keep digestion running smoothly with cumin to expel toxic waste.
- Ginger– Ginger reduces inflammation and aids digestion. It can helps with the unpleasant detox symptoms like bloating and flatulence.
- Turmeric– Curcumin in turmeric is a powerful antioxidant and detoxifier. It aids liver function, which helps your body filter and expel toxins.
- Saffron– Boost your liver, bladder and kidney function with saffron.
- Rosemary– Rosemary protects against carcinogenic and toxic ingredients.
- Cinnamon– Cinnamon has antioxidant powers that fight free radicals and reduce inflammation in the body.
- Garlic– Garlic contains sulfur which is required for the process of excreting toxic substances from your body.
- Cilantro– Cilantro is a powerful heavy metal detoxifier.
- Cardamom– Cardamom actually destroys harmful bacteria in the gut while protecting the beneficial bacteria.
- Fennel Seed– Fennel seeds are a rich source of fiber and have mild diuretic properties which help in the removal of toxic waste.
- Parsley– Parsley supports the health of the kidneys and bladder. It’s also high in chlorophyll which offers anti-inflammatory benefits and boosts immune health.